Something In The Making

Renea
Washington, United States
Quilts and memories make the world a warmer place.
View my complete profile

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Really Rose: Chive Blossom Vinegar

Living at the base of the biggest mountain around, it seems we always wait for Spring a bit longer than everyone else.  It always gets here but after it shows up everywhere else.  Spring has so many different meanings for all of us. No matter who you are warmer weather is at the top of your list.

For me, spring means being outside. Being outside, means playing in the dirt or riding in our cars which are older than dirt.

A few days ago we finally had our first day of 70 degree weather. Mowing, weeding and planting were on my list all week. I am still looking at things that have not started sprouting wondering if they are just ignoring the spring weather or if they are upset of the lack of Spring weather and have given up.

I glanced at the rusty old wheel barrow of herbs to see the changes. Yes the Lizard rain gauge is full too! Oh yes, the garlic chives have blossomed. I picked the blossoms off which landed in the compost pile. Meanwhile, Rose, a childhood friend is harvesting chive blossoms.  This is a reminder to not throw away gorgeous, purple blossoms anymore.

This link will take you to her blog. Really Rose: Chive Blossom Vinegar

2 comments:

Really Rosiem said...

Thanks for the mention, Renea! My, we have known each other for a very long time . . .

Your blog is great! I've become a "follower" and I've added yours to the "blogs I like to read" list on my blog so I can stay up to date with your blogging happenings . . .

Blessings,
Rose
http://really-rose.blogspot.com/

Gaius Guild said...

asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
pelangiqq
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
syair sgp
datahk